You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2023 3:16 pm  #1

Real 1 (nZo, Enzo Amore) Speaks Out On MLW Release

Enzo Amore claims that he had no contract with MLW in advance of his "release" on April 1.  According to Wrestling Headlines:

"In a series of posts on Twitter, Real1 reveals that he was never actually under contract with MLW and was just a free agent working in good faith with Court Bauer’s promotion. He says that he told Bauer he never wanted to challenge for the MLW world title and that it was “false advertising” for him to be challenging Hammerstone.
Real1 later says that he had a great time with MLW the last two years, but that Bauer “releasing him” was him trying to “squeeze out a headline” on WrestleMania weekend. Staying on Bauer, Real1 adds that he wanted him to bury Richard Holliday for a potential future feud, but he refused since Holliday just beat cancer and he didn’t think it was appropriate to do that."

I have no ill feelings towards Court Bauer or MLW.  I think Court does an excellent job running a fed and generally he seems to be an honest and upright guy.  At the same time, I think that Real 1's point about creating a headline on WrestleMania weekend makes all the sense in the world.  Setting up a Hammerstone heel turn for a match with Holliday is a lot easier with a scapegoat in the mix.

Board footera